The award-winning Moor of Rannoch Restaurant and Rooms lies in a beautiful and remote situation on the edge of Rannoch Moor and is the place to relax and unwind with no TV, Radio or Wifi. You are advised to book well in advance for dinner so as not to be disappointed
The Moor of Rannoch is not currently able to open under either the 2 or (if changed) 1 metre distancing rules as it would not be viable. See their Facebook post explaining their situation.
2020 SEASON: OPEN FROM 6TH FEBRUARY TO 23RD NOVEMBER 2020
With no TV / Radio / WiFi signal and almost non-existent mobile coverage, The Moor of Rannoch is the perfect place to escape the modern fast paced world. Located at Rannoch Station and surrounded by 130km of uninhabited moor it is the perfect place to Escape, Retreat, Relax & Unwind.
This restaurant with rooms has five en-suite guest rooms and a number of lounge areas for guests to relax by our wood burning stoves. Our bar is stocked with a range of Scottish Gins, Vodkas & Real Ales as well as a whisky collection of containing over 75 Malts.
Dinner is also available to non-residents each evening from 6.30pm. (Reservations are essential due to our remote location and limited capacity)
Our aim is to provide good quality, home-cooked dishes which, where possible are prepared using local seasonal ingredients. The menu is changed daily to suit the produce that we have available and to ensure that there is always something new for our guests to try.
We offer a set price dinner (£49 per person) which will include:
Freshly baked bread
Taster from the kitchen
Choice of Starter
Choice of Main
Choice of Dessert
Scottish Cheese Selection
The menu always has both fish and vegetarian options available and with advanced notice we are able to cater for all dietary requirements.
- Closed over winter.
- Open 7 days. Open from 6.30pm with last tables available 8pm
- Bookings: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01882 633 238
- Maximum group size: 8
- Dinner Price: £49 per person
- Dining with Children: Children are welcome in the Moor of Rannoch, however we do not offer a separate children’s menu. Children under 12 can dine from that evenings menu at a 50% reduced price. Please see https://moorofrannoch.co.uk/restaurant/children// for more info. Highchairs are available.
- Dogs are welcome to join their owners in the dining room.
- Dial a Bus. We recommend that all of our non-residents make use of the dial a bus service. We would advise an arrival time of 6.30pm to 7.15pm to allow for a relaxed service with collection from 9.30pm to 10pm.
Visit Scotland Thistle Award – Most Hospitable Hotel